Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthdays and the Sickies

Oh, my, what a week.  Last Wednesday night, Braylen decided that he was going to start running a fever.  Not even an hour after I discovered this, a friend from church texted me and told me that the flu was making its rounds through his Sunday school class.  Woooonderful.  So we go to the doctor.  Yup, it's the flu.  Ryger and Shannon end up getting sick as well, and I spend the rest of the week and the whole weekend playing nurse and praying that Kyah doesn't catch it.  It's nearly impossible to keep the boys away from her, which is usually a blessing.  I just LOVE that they love their sister.  But I'm not keen on the idea of my newborn catching the flu.  It does look like she and I managed to escape it, though.  Praise God for that!

Did I mention that my birthday was Saturday?  hahahaha!  Needless to say, plans got changed.  My in-laws came over and hung out for a little while, but that was the extent of the celebrations.  Shannon did get me a Tervis Tumbler glass that I've been wanting since forever, and Kyah's birthstone to go in a locket that holds the boys' birthstones.

Even more importantly, did I mention that Braylen's birthday was today?  My little man turned 2 years old!  Where has time gone?!? I spent the majority of today thinking about the day he was born.  The labor, the delivery, me telling Shannon "I told you!" when he told me we had another son.  LOL  We were planning on having his party on Sunday, but we had to postpone because no one was really in the mood to party.  I'll be sure to post pictures when we finally have it.

Finally, I want to share this video that my pastor played last Sunday at church.  Love, love, love this.

Be blessed!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment