Thursday, April 19, 2012

From the Mouths of Babes...

I'm going to give this blogging thing one more try. I can't believe it's been a year since I've posted!!! I suck at this. LOL

In my last post (still can't believe it was a year ago!), I mentioned that Ryger kept
asking me for a sister.

Well...

Looks like he might have been onto something.
Kyah Dawn joined our family on Feb 6, 2012. I never knew how much I really wanted a daughter until I held her. And, the best part, I named her after my granddaddy, Donnie. I really feel that our little family is complete now. This baby-making factory is now closed. Unless, of course, God decides we need another. haha!

On that note, we are about to celebrate Braylen's second birthday. He is all about some Blues Clues right now, so naturally I was going to throw him a Blue's Clues birthday party, right?

Wrong.

Or at least not without a ton of frustration. Evidently, the old school Blue's Clues has been replaced by something called Blue's Room. No more Steve (or Joe), and Blue is now a big puppet. Lame. *sigh* I hate that they ruin good shows these day. I digress.

So, long story short, all of the plates and decorations I can find are now of the "new" and not-so-improved Blue. So frustrating! But, I was determined to make this happen for my son, so...pics will come soon. ;-)

I, on the other hand, have been distracted by my new love. Yes, I'm talking about Pinterest. (Be sure to follow me if you have an account!) I've made recipes, crafts, and have plans for several art projects for the boys that just might get me through the summer. LOL

Speaking of which, Ryger is almost at the end of his first year of preschool. Bittersweet. He loves school and has learned so much this year! I'm kinda sad that a lot of his friends will be moving on to Kindergarten, while he still has another year of preK. Darn December birthday. If he was only 3 months older, he would be going with his friends. :-( I'm pretty sure I'm more upset about it than he is. In fact, I know I am.

On that note, I'm going to sign off. Maybe I'll actually keep up with the blog this time. I guess we shall see! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment